This Week In Trailers: High Maintenance Season 3, West of Sunshine, Hillbilly, This One’s for the Ladies

/Film | 12/29/2018 | Christopher Stipp
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/trailer-greenband-newest.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cImbZcbyaig

Trailers are an under-appreciated art form insofar that many times they’re seen as vehicles for showing footage, explaining films away, or showing their hand about what moviegoers can expect. Foreign, domestic, independent, big budget: What better way to hone your skills as a thoughtful moviegoer than by deconstructing these little pieces of advertising?

This week we dance for our supper, learn more about those who live in Appalachia, score some weed, and try to keep our kid of out of the trouble we caused.

Creators - Ben - Sinclair - Katja - Blichfeld

Creators Ben Sinclair and Katja Blichfeld have been at this for well over the three seasons it has been on HBO, and this trailer effectively telegraphs why that’s the case. With so many dramas, so many heady serials that feel weighty in their narrative execution, it’s just nice to have something that feels cozy. These are fundamentally short stories and, as a series, it’s nice to see how well the throughline connects all these disparate lives under one constant: Ben Sinclair.

I talked about this project earlier this year, and this new trailer makes me want to see this even more. Director Jason Raftopoulos’ latest finally has a trailer that slips in some extremely complimentary pull-quotes. I don’t know why you would want to bury the lede here which is The Guardian’s comparison to David Michod’s Animal Kingdom near the end, but this kind of promotion is essential. The story is wonderfully presented while also coming off honest. It feels genuine to what it is aiming for and not posturing as something it’s not. It’s a movie that will most likely fly under the proverbial radar, but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.