Bozell & Graham Column: These Boots Are Made for Double Standards

NewsBusters | 12/29/2018 | Staff
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/melania-timbs.jpg

Is there anything, anything at all, for which President Trump won’t be faulted by a press corps that despises him so much they are making a mockery of themselves in front of the world?

They slammed the president for failing to visit troops in a war zone. Then on Christmas night, he snuck out of town with Melania to bring Christmas cheer to troops in Iraq. So they slammed him for signing Make America Great Hats that soldiers brought him, turning the trip into a "campaign stop."

Scribes - Yahoo - News - Something - Scoop

It gets even more ridiculous. The scribes at Yahoo News discovered something far more pressing and their scoop showed up on cellphones from coast to coast on December 26. A fashion writer named Kerry Justich uncovered a national outrage, apparently. Her headline: “Melania Trump gets mocked for wearing Timberland boots while visiting the troops.”

Yes, dear friends, it is national news that someone, somewhere – actually it as at least two or three people – found Melania’s boots unacceptable.

First - Lady - Boots - Troops - Timberland

The First Lady wore sturdy all-American boots to meet the troops, and it was somehow mockable. “The Timberland boots are being called an ‘out of touch’ style selection by some on Twitter.” Whenever a liberal writer uses “some” people, or “many” people, they mean “we.”

It makes you wish Twitter had never been born.

Person - Twitter - Posh - Spice - Melania

A person with the Twitter handle “Posh Spice” tweeted “Melania wearing timbs...how much more out of touch could she possibly be”? Another person (“Wintrynight Jordan”) tweeted “I have never in my life seen anything stupider than Melania Trump in a pair of Timberland boots.” One could quickly discover this wasn’t exactly a fashion tweet, since the hashtag on the Twitter bio was “#VoteThemOut”. Miss Spice’s account had the hashtag “#BlackLivesMatter”.

In the new piece Yahoo also made sure to link back to another...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .