Ravens safety Eric Weddle stands to pocket a $1million bonus if Baltimore clinches playoff berth

Mail Online | 12/29/2018 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com;Reuters
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/28/18/7908870-0-image-a-2_1546020840423.jpg

NFL players' salaries are not typically tied to specific wins or losses, but on Sunday, when Baltimore hosts Cleveland, Ravens safety Eric Weddle can pocket a seven-figure bonus with a win over the Browns.

Thanks to a contractual clause, Weddle will earn a $1 million bonus if he's named to the Pro Bowl in the same season that the Ravens reach the postseason. And since the 12-year veteran was named to his sixth Pro Bowl earlier this month, Weddle only needs to punch his playoff ticket.

Ravens - Playoff - Spot - Regardless - Sunday

The 9-6 Ravens are nearly guaranteed a playoff spot regardless of Sunday's outcome, but a win over Cleveland in the season finale would make it official.

Weddle told ESPN that the bonus would be 'just icing on the cake.'

'I - Bucks - Chance - Playoffs - Weddle

'I would trade one million bucks for a chance at the playoffs any second,' Weddle said, according to ESPN. 'That's just where I'm at. It's not that I don't appreciate money or how much money it is, but that's not my incentive to try to go to win.'

Over NFL career, Weddle has earned $63 million. He's signed through the 2019 season, when he is slated to earn $6.5 million.

Baltimore - Manager - Ozzie - Newsome - Weddle

Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome told Weddle about the incentive last year, and this year he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!