Ex-NFL cheerleader reveals measures Saints took to control dancers' appearance

Mail Online | 12/27/2018 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
camkizzle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/27/21/7880050-0-image-a-33_1545947812364.jpg

Former New Orleans Saints cheerleader Bailey Davis, who was fired for posting a racy photo on Instagram, has revealed the extensive measures that she claims the team took to control the dancers' appearance.

According to Davis, 22, the Saints would hold monthly weigh-ins that ultimately became dangerous for some of the cheerleaders.

Flags - Beginning - Weigh-ins - Month - Everyone

'Red flags were popping up in the beginning. We would have weigh-ins every month and everyone was so concerned,' Davis told the Facebook Watch show 'The Scarlett Letter Reports' and host Amanda Knox.

'You would not eat that day,' she continued. 'You would not drink anything because you had to be the weight you were at auditions or you could be benched.

'I - Things - Girls - Car - Weigh-ins

'I would hear things going on and there were girls that would sweat themselves out in the car before weigh-ins and before practices. I was just … blown away.

'There was one practice where a girl sweated herself out in the car and she passed out and had to go to the hospital,' Davis said. 'The director told us to get the ambulance to park on the side and no one would know.'

Davis - Dancers - Hour - Appearance - Makeup

According to Davis, dancers were paid just $10 per hour, but were required to maintain their appearance. That meant wearing makeup constantly, always having nails manicured, and being spray tanned for games and all other appearances.

'Everything was very controlled – even our social media,' she said. 'We couldn't post semi-nude, nude or lingerie,' she said. The big one – no fraternization. We couldn't talk to the football players. We couldn't follow them on social media. We couldn't be caught where a football player was. I was told that was the case because they were protecting us. We're supposed to just kind of hide ourselves and not be known by them.'

Year - Dozens - Cheerleaders

Over the last year, dozens of former and current cheerleaders...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It had only one fault, it was useless.