Why I Give to RevGalBlogPals: This cloud of witnesses

RevGalBlogPals | 12/27/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://revgalblogpals.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/file-may-17-10-19-03-am.jpeg

Click here to donate.

Tomorrow, Friday, 28 December, I will be presiding at a very large memorial service. It is for a civil servant in the town I just moved to about 7 weeks ago. She was and is quite beloved and we are expecting hundreds of people. While I know the ins and outs of funerals and I feel confident about what to do, I am also quite nervous. I woke up before 4 am this morning with my thought hamster already spinning on her wheel.

Times - RevGalBlogPals - Answer - Support - Nervousness

It is times like this that I am so grateful for RevGalBlogPals. I know that if I need a quick answer or support in my nervousness, I can turn to our Facebook group of thousands. If I wanted behind the scenes help, one or another of the Facebook admins would respond to a private message with good counsel and encouragement, plus prayer. I can scroll through years of excellent writing on our blog for sermon ideas, prayer helps, and Ask the Matriarch guides for a wide variety of situations.

This cloud of witnesses is possibly the sturdiest cord of my ministry practice. It is a real and tangible sign of the power and presence of the Holy Spirit. It is more than knowing I am not alone. The power of being bound to RevGalBlogPals means being intertwined with people who are working on behalf of the church in all kinds of places around the world. It means I am wrapped up with people who are invested, along with God, in my social and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: RevGalBlogPals
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: