Madam Secretary EPs Discuss Elizabeth's Arrest (?!) in Episode 100

TVLine | 12/23/2018 | Kimberly Roots
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/madam-secretary-season-5-episode-10-family-separation-part-1-dw.jpg?w=644

Warning: This post contains spoilers for Madam Secretary‘s fall finale.

After Sunday’s Madam Secretary, it’s never been more clear that Elizabeth McCord is the kind of person who’d make a great United States president. She’s just got to get out of jail first.

Yep - Secretary - State - Arrest - End

Yep, the Secretary of State wound up under arrest at the end of the CBS drama’s fall finale, which also happened to be its 100th episode. The cause? Touring an Arizona detention center for children separated from their families during illegal border crossings — a visit expressly forbidden by the state’s ultra-conservative governor, who deemed Elizabeth’s presence “trespassing.” The facility’s mere existence horrified President Dalton’s entire team, but seeing it firsthand galvanized Elizabeth to speak out even more strongly than normal in favor of acting in favor of humanity, even when it might contradict the law.

“What I saw was an affront to decency and an assault on our country’s core values. Children separated from their parents, in cages. Crying. Terrified. Lacking basic care,” she told reporters outside the building, a final note of defiance that sealed her fate. “No deterrent is worth trading our humanity. No policy, no matter its goal, is worth lowering our moral standing in the world. Nothing can justify harming children. Now the governor wants me to shut up, but I won’t, because what he’s doing is immoral and un-American, and every American needs to know about it.”

End - Hour - Elizabeth - Handcuffs - Wedding

By the end of the hour, Elizabeth was in handcuffs and her wedding vow-renewal ceremony — which she and Henry had been planning for some time — was in the lurch. Read on as executive producers Barbara Hall and Lori McCreary tell TVLine why the show’s milestone hour was the time to take on separation at the American border and why Elizabeth’s time behind bars might not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.