Five years after she gave her kidney to a stranger, kind-hearted donor meets the man she saved

Mail Online | 12/23/2018 | Faith Ridler For Mailonline
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/24/01/7774006-0-image-a-60_1545613864720.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/12/24/1889694981626416046/1024x576_MP4_1889694981626416046.mp4

A kind-hearted donor has met the man whose life she saved when she gave her kidney to a stranger five years ago.

Teresa Dobson, 62, and Joe Salvatore, 70, both broke down in tears upon meeting for the first time in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire.

Pair - Letters - Years - Chance - Week

The pair had exchanged anonymous letters for years - but hadn't found the chance to meet until this week.

Mrs Dobson decided to donate her kidney when she heard on the radio it was possible and thought 'I could do that for somebody'.

'I - Health - Kidneys

She said: 'I have good health and I had two kidneys and I only needed one of them.

'So I thought "Why not give one to somebody else to help give them a better life and maybe save their life?"'

Person - Mr - Salvatore - 'life - Transplant

That person was Mr Salvatore - who said his 'life was changed' by the transplant.

The martial artist, from New Malden in Surrey, said: 'Everybody says how much better I look. I feel better. I feel fitter.

'Teresa - Life - Life - Life - Family

'Teresa's made my life a whole new life again and I'm able to enjoy my life with my family, with my group of friends.

'What a wonderful person Teresa is, and people like her, who can actually donate to somebody they don't even know.'

Mrs - Dobson - Northamptonshire - Donation - Charity

Mrs Dobson, from Kettering in Northamptonshire, played down her donation, which was organised through the charity Give a Kidney.

She said it was 'just one of those things' she could do to help - and she would rather do that than run a marathon.

'Lots - People - Lots - Things - People

'Lots of people do lots of wonderful things for people, like running marathons and raising thousands...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.