High Street giants pin their hopes on ‘Super Saturday’ sales

Mail Online | 12/21/2018 | James Burton For The Daily Mail
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/21/22/7719876-0-image-a-43_1545432763525.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/23/109206167324637498/1024x576_MP4_109206167324637498.mp4

Desperate retailers have launched an unprecedented wave of pre-Christmas sales in a final bid for shoppers.

Some of the High Street's biggest names were offering discounts of up to 90 per cent last night as they fought to end a woeful year on a high note.

Shoppers - £1 - Christmas - Presents - Today

They are counting on shoppers to spend a predicted £1.7billion on last-minute Christmas presents today, which has been dubbed 'Super Saturday'.

Retail revenues have plummeted this year – with around £17billion wiped off the share prices of the country's biggest shops – and more stores are expected to go bust in 2019.

Analyst - Richard - Hyman - 'This - Level

Analyst Richard Hyman said: 'This is unprecedented. The level of discounts, the number of retailers with sales, and the proportion of their stock on offer are all at record levels.

'I've never seen as much activity as this before – it's a statement of desperation.'

Discounts - Offer - Sports - Direct - Billionaire

The biggest discounts on offer are at Sports Direct, owned by billionaire retail tycoon Mike Ashley, where prices have been cut as much as 90 per cent.

House of Fraser and Topshop have both slashed prices by 60 per cent, and Debenhams by 50 per cent.

Electricals - PC - World - Cent - Prices

Electricals store Currys PC World has cut 30 per cent off its prices and the furniture firm Made has 40 per cent reductions.

Internet retailers have also joined in the frenzy, suggesting they too are struggling. Web clothing retailer Asos has cut prices by 50 per cent...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!