Sacha Baron Cohen Claims He Cut Sarah Palin Interview Because ‘It Just Wasn’t Funny’

Breitbart | 12/20/2018 | Staff
gemini2323gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/12/CohenPalin.jpg

Actor and leftist prankster Sacha Baron Cohen claimed in a new interview that he didn’t release footage of his prank Sarah Palin interview from his Showtime series Who Is America? because “it just wasn’t funny enough.”

“Your response to your Golden Globes nomination was to invite Sarah Palin to be your date. She complained she had been duped but she was nowhere to be found in the series. Why, and what did we miss?” a reporter from Deadline asked Sacha Baron Cohen.

He replied:

The upsetting answer is, I don’t think you missed much. There was a lot of pressure on me from the channel to put out Palin. And obviously, she did the only publicity for the show because I did zero interviews. There was no other publicity at all for the show. Thanks to her, people knew that the show was coming. But ultimately, I looked at the footage and it just wasn’t funny enough. For the pieces to be good ,there has to be a good comic dynamic. She was just delivering these kind of rote answers, as if she was doing a campaign speech. And even though I sat with her I think for about two-and-a-half hours, there was no comedy gold.

Borat - Funnyman - Splash - Summer - Showtime

The Borat funnyman made a splash over the summer with his Showtime series in which he wore disguises and tricked a number of political figures with silly ideas and faux interviews.

His series notably featured Dick Cheney, with Cohen posing as an Israeli...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!