Lamont Hill Not Willing to Denounce ‘My Brother’ Farrakhan, Calls It Double Standard for Black Political Figures

Washington Free Beacon | 12/18/2018 | David Rutz
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Screen-Shot-2018-12-18-at-11.57.13-AM-e1545152260431.png

BY: David Rutz

Former CNN contributor Marc Lamont Hill called radical Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan "my brother" in a new interview and said it was a double standard to demand African Americans distance themselves from him.

Appearance - Friday - Radio - Show - Breakfast

In an appearance Friday on the popular radio show "The Breakfast Club," Hill recounted the online furor over a photo surfacing of him and Farrakhan together online. Farrakhan, a black nationalist, has made numerous homophobic, racist, and anti-Semitic remarks, and the Nation of Islam has been classified by the left-wing nonprofit Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group.

"You can love the minister but not like something that the minister says," host Charlamagne Tha God said.

Test - Farrakhan - Farrakhan - Hill - Disagreements

"There is this weird litmus test that gets applied to Farrakhan, and Farrakhan only, which is problematic," Hill said. "Do I have disagreements with the minister? Absolutely."

Hill said they discussed their differences, including what constitutes anti-Semitism and "what the boundaries are," but he complained that if people meet with Farrakhan and "don't throw him away wholesale," they get castigated. Hill, who used to be a Fox News contributor, said he didn't get similar treatment for sitting with conservatives like Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter.

Farrakhan

"I'm not comparing Farrakhan to them, except to say if you think they're extremists—well I think they're extreme!" he said. "Why is only...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton