MYMINIFACTORY ENABLES 3D PRINTING ACCESSIBILITY WITH CLICK & PRINT PLUGIN FOR OCTOPRINT

3D Printing Industry | 12/18/2018 | Beau Jackson
elio25 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://3dprintingindustry.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/MMF-ClickPrint4-1024x968.jpg

Click For Photo: https://3dprintingindustry.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/MMF-ClickPrint4.jpg

MyMiniFactory, a UK-based 3D content platform, has launched a new plugin to make 3D printing widely accessible to consumers without wireless 3D printers.

The Click & Print plugin is designed for the OctoPrint, an open source interface used to control and monitor many aspects of print runs. This new feature allows users to 3D print without prior knowledge slicing or STL file preparation.

Jim - Neill - OctoPrint - Plugin - Developer

Jim Neill, an OctoPrint plugin developer and the main developer on the project in collaboration with MyMiniFactory, stated:

“I think the Click & Print system that MyMiniFactory has developed expands the ease at which the non-technical/new 3D printer user will experience, and hopefully my plugin implementation for OctoPrint will expand that technology to the maker community at large.”

Click - Print - Plugin - Photo - MyMiniFactory

The Click & Print plugin. Photo via MyMiniFactory.

The OctoPrint project was created by Gina Häußge as a highly extensible and powerful tool that allows a user to control and monitor 3D printers remotely.

Need - Open - Source - Projects - Fact

“There definitely is a need for Open Source projects. In fact, I think the past couple of years the importance of Open Source has only grown as companies across the globe are seeing the benefits of sharing knowledge instead of reinventing their own wheels over and over again and have started to contribute more actively.

“In the field of consumer 3D printing, everything relies on Open Source – be it firmware, host software, slicers. And the CAD...
(Excerpt) Read more at: 3D Printing Industry
Wake Up To Breaking News!