Comey Attacks Republicans, Trump, Fox News: 'Someone Has to Stand Up for...the Values of This Country'

CNS News | 12/18/2018 | Staff
xxlauzyxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-comey-dec17.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Following a second round of closed door testimony on Capitol Hill Monday, former FBI Director James Comey told reporters, "I find it frustrating to be here, answering questions about things that are far less important than the values that this country is built upon."

In some of his harshest criticism yet, the man at the center of alleged FBI malpractice took aim at Republicans, President Trump and even Fox News. He said the damage to the FBI's reputation "has nothing to do with me."

Day - Hillary - Clinton - Steele - Dossier

"So another day of Hillary Clinton's e-mails and the Steele dossier," Comey said when he emerged from Monday's hearing:

This, while the president of the United States is lying about the FBI, attacking the FBI, and attacking the rule of law in this country. How does that make any sense at all?

Republicans - Actions - President - Matter - Words

Republicans used to understand that the actions of a president matter, the words of a president matter, the rule of law matters, and the truth matters. Where are those Republicans today?

At some point, someone has to stand up and in the face of fear of Fox News, fear of their base, fear of mean tweets, stand up for the values of this country, and not slink away into retirement, but stand up and speak the truth.

Questions - Things - Values - Country

I find it frustrating to be here answering questions about things that are far less important than the values that this country is built upon.

A reporter asked Comey, "Do you feel like there's any legitimate investigative value to what happened here today or was this just a political exercise?"

Comey - Questions - Hillary - Clinton - Steele

"I can't answer that because I don't know exactly what they're investigating," Comey said. "The questions about Hillary Clinton and the Steele dossier strike me as more of the same. I didn't learn anything new in there. Maybe they did."

For the record, the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!