Rep. Darrell Issa: 'I Would Not Be Surprised a Bit' If Flynn's Conviction Is Overturned

CNS News | 12/17/2018 | Staff
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/darrell-issa-getty-chip_somodevilla.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), a member of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees, says former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn got a raw deal from the FBI and should be exonerated.

"And I would not be surprised a bit that the conviction of Flynn is overturned," Issa told "Sunday Morning Futures" with Maria Bartiromo.

Monday - Issa - Lawmakers - FBI - Director

On Monday, Issa will be among the lawmakers questioning former FBI Director James Comey for a second time in a closed session.

Comey recently told an NBC interviewer that he took advantage of the Trump administration's disorganization when he sent two FBI agents to interview Flynn in his West Wing office four days after the inauguration.

Comment - Flynn - Administration - Issa

"Well, he made a comment not long ago that -- that they never would have gotten Flynn in a more organized administration," Issa said:

"And now that Judge Sullivan has made it pretty clear that they, in layman's terms, violated his Miranda rights, tricked him (Flynn) into not having a lawyer, when, in fact, he was not only a suspect, but a target, and they had transcripts -- this kind of conduct, we haven't seen in a long time."

Issa - Supreme - Court - Miranda - Decision

Issa pointed to the Supreme Court's Miranda decision, which said people under investigation must be informed of their rights. Flynn apparently had no idea he was a target of an FBI investigation when he voluntarily spoke with agents at their request on Jan. 24, 2017.

"And I would not be surprised a bit that the conviction of Flynn is overturned because of the Justice Department and the FBI's misconduct, and that, in fact, we go potentially all the way to Supreme Court with new protections when the FBI and the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!