Ex-aide claims top Queens Democrat was corrupt, spewed racist slurs

New York Post | 12/16/2018 | Staff
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/vivian-cook.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

Queens Assemblywoman Vivian Cook is a corrupt racist who tossed around the N-word, degraded a biracial employee and hired her own grandson for a low-show job, an explosive lawsuit charges.

Ex-legislative aide Gail Palmer alleges that the ethically challenged and often-angry lawmaker would smash things on the floor while “frequently cursing at and excoriating” terrified staffers, who kept silent because they needed their jobs.

Democrat - Half - Dozen - Employees - -kers

The 80-year-old Democrat often called her half a dozen employees “motherf- -kers” and would make bizarre racial proclamations including, “I’m feeling colored today,” or “I’m feeling n- - -erish,” according to court papers.

The veteran lawmaker, who is black, derided Palmer, whose mother is of African-American and white descent, as a “GeeChee” and “mulatto” after spotting a framed photo of the woman on Palmer’s desk, according to court papers.

GeeChee - Population - People - South - Creole

“GeeChee” can refer to a coastal population of black people in the South with Creole origins but can also be derogatory slang for those with biracial backgrounds.

Palmer, 66, claims to have repeatedly begged Cook, to no avail, to stop using racial epithets.

Office - **** - Cook

“This is my office, I can do whatever the **** I want,” Cook would allegedly say.

“It was degrading,” Palmer said. “She thought it was cute.”

Cook - Queens - County - Democratic - Committee

Cook, who also serves as the Queens County Democratic Committee chair, denied using such language to The Post.

Cook didn’t use profanity or racial slurs around white people, or in the Capitol, Palmer said.

Person - Albany - Palmer - People - Person

“She was a different person in Albany,” Palmer claimed. “I was highly insulted that she would treat our people like this . . . She was an entirely different person when a Caucasian walked into the office.”

Cook, who has served in her southeast Queens seat for 28 years, could be sweet or turn inexplicably violent, Palmer alleged in a $1.5 million discrimination lawsuit she filed in Queens Supreme Court last week.

Employee - Cook - Staffers

When an employee told Cook that staffers had been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: New York Post
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.