Michael Cohen on GMA: 'I Will Not Be the Villain' in President Trump's Story

TVLine | 12/14/2018 | Ryan Schwartz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/michael-cohen-abc-news-interview.jpg?w=620

It was Friday’s most highly anticipated TV event. No, not the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Christmas special, but George Stephanopoulos‘ sit-down with President Trump’s former attorney and personal fixer Michael Cohen.

The conversation, filmed on Thursday, marked Cohen’s first TV interview since he was sentenced to three years in prison for crimes involving campaign finance and lying to Congress. What follows are excerpts from the Q&A, in which Cohen insisted that he should not be the only one to take responsibility for President Trump’s “dirty deeds.”

President - Trump - Inability - Truth

On President Trump’s inability to tell the truth:

“Here is the truth: The people of the United States of America — the people of the world — don’t believe what he is saying,” Cohen said. “The man doesn’t tell the truth, and it’s sad that I should take responsibility for his dirty deeds.”

Blind - Loyalty - President - Trump

On his blind loyalty to President Trump:

“I followed a bad path,” Cohen admitted. “I have my freedom and… I will not be the villain of his story.”

President - Trump - Hush - Money - Mistresses

On whether President Trump knew about the hush money paid to alleged mistresses Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels:

“First of all, nothing at the Trump organization was done unless it was run through Mr. Trump,” Cohen said. “He directed me to make the payments, he directed me to become involved in these matters, including the one with [Playboy model Karen] McDougal, which was really between him and [National Enquirer publisher] David ****… I just reviewed the documents to protect him. I gave loyalty to someone who, truthfully, does not deserve loyalty.”

Hush - Payments - Trump - Campaign

On whether the hush payments were made to protect then-candidate Trump’s presidential campaign:

“You have to remember at what point in time that this matter came about,” Cohen...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...