A different kind of Christian

www.christianpost.com | 12/13/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/22/89/228940.jpg

That's what I want to be. Because an awful lot of people don't really like the kind of Christian they're seeing. And that's a big deal. Because it's keeping them from Jesus.

The woman I loved since I was 19 was that different kind of Christian. You could tell by the mountain of tributes I received after she went to be with Jesus a little over two years ago. Those tributes had a common theme - "she made me feel..." They would finish the sentence with words like "loved...heard...accepted...worth something...believed in...I mattered."

Ourselves - Christians - People - Judged

Sadly, too many of us who call ourselves Christians are making people feel quite differently. Like judged. Disrespected. Labeled. Lobbied.

You can see it in social media posts. You can hear it in office conversations, family gatherings, opinions about today's headlines. Passionate about politics, about our church, about lifestyles. Seemingly more concerned about changing behavior than changing a heart. Coming across as being more about winning an argument than winning a heart. More about "earth stuff" than eternal stuff. More about religion than Jesus.

Research - Percentage - Americans - Judgmental - Lifestyles

Recent research finds that a large percentage of young, unchurched Americans see us as judgmental, hypocritical, anti-people's lifestyles and choices, too political, insensitive - and boring. Not exactly "light of the world" or "salt of the earth" (Matthew 5:13-16).

Since we are "Christ's ambassadors" (2 Corinthians 5:20), He has risked His reputation on us. And it's a fact that most people who decide to follow Jesus do it because of a Christian they know. And that most people who reject Jesus do it for the same reason - a Christian they know. We're either making them want our Jesus or disregard our Jesus. With eternal consequences.

Christ - Sin - Death - Baggage - Order

Christ's dying for our sin and His conquering death, we suggest they must accept the baggage in order to accept Jesus. And that could...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: