Holed Up In Supermarket With Strasbourg Shooter On The Prowl

www.oann.com | 12/12/2018 | Staff
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
BRUSSELS (Reuters) – For three tense hours last night I was hunkered down in a Strasbourg supermarket as a gunman prowled the city center after a deadly attack on a Christmas market.

It was dark, cold and nerve-wracking. But at least we had fruit, chips and chocolate and a few bottles of wine courtesy of the store to comfort us.

Towards - Monoprix - Strasbourg - Place - Kleber

I had been heading towards Monoprix at Strasbourg’s Place Kleber in search of some snacks after a hard’s day at the European Parliament when a group of people ran past me screaming.

I did not think much of it as other shoppers around me did not react, and I thought it might just be youngsters having fun.

Supermarket - Security - Guard - Shooting - Racks

At the supermarket, the security guard mentioned a shooting but did not appear worried. I browsed among the racks of clothes, moisturisers and lingerie with other customers.

Ten minutes later, staff told us to move to the back, away from the glass doors after getting a call, presumably from the police.

School - Shootings - United - States - Gunmen

I suddenly thought of the school shootings in the United States and how some of the gunmen methodically searched for victims as they went from one classroom to another. Hiding among the clothes did not seem like a great option.

Half an hour later, the staff told us to go down to the basement, where the food department was, because it was safer.

Safer - Lights - Staff - Dark - Working

Safer meant switching off the lights and so about 40 of us, including the staff, were left in the dark, all working...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!