Theresa May will face a Tory no confidence vote tonight

Mail Online | 12/12/2018 | James Tapsfield, Political Editor, For Mailonline;Kate Ferguson, Senior Political Correspondent For Mailonline;Tim Sculthorpe, Deputy Political Editor For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/12/09/7322878-0-image-a-70_1544605809915.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/12/12/3667787888915726649/1024x576_MP4_3667787888915726649.mp4

Theresa May vowed to fight with 'everything I've got' today after a Tory no-confidence vote was dramatically triggered - and will be held within hours.

The PM said she would not give up after Eurosceptics secured the 48 letters from MPs needed to force a ballot that could end the PM's time as leader.

Speech - Steps - Downing - Street - Brexit

In a defiant speech on the steps of Downing Street, she warned Brexit would need to be delayed beyond March 29 if she loses and Jeremy Corbyn might end up in power.

'I have devoted myself unsparingly since I became Prime Minister... and I stand ready to finish the job,' she said.

Change - Leadership - Conservative - Party - Country

‘A change of leadership in the Conservative party now will put our country’s future at risk, and create uncertainty when we can least afford it.

‘The new leader wouldn’t have time to renegotiate a new Withdrawal Agreement and get the legislation through parliament by March 29, so one of their first acts would have to be extending or rescinding Article 50, delaying or even stopping Brexit when people want us to get on with it.’

Sir - Graham - Brady - Chair - Committee

Sir Graham Brady, the chair of the powerful 1922 committee, emerged this morning to announce the threshold of 48 letters had been 'exceeded' and Mrs May was eager to resolve the issue 'rapidly'.

He said the PM's reaction when he notified her last night had been 'business like' and she will deliver a speech to MPs at 5pm before voting begins an hour later. The result will be declared as soon as counting finishes.

'She - Matter - Sir - Graham - BBC

'She was very concerned that the matter should be resolved as rapidly as possible,' Sir Graham told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Cabinet ministers immediately rallied to try and shore up Mrs May, with Jeremy Hunt, Sajid Javid, Michael Gove, Amber Rudd, Penny Mordaunt and Brandon Lewis among those...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!