'The iPhone is made by a different company' Google CEO chides Rep. Steve King

Mail Online | 12/12/2018 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/11/20/7301408-0-image-a-2_1544560248318.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/12/11/3769378218772548072/1024x576_MP4_3769378218772548072.mp4

Google chief executive Sundar Pichai gently chided conservative Congressman Steve King on Tuesday, when the 69-year-old lawmaker complained about a notification his grand daughter got on her iPhone.

'Congressman, the iPhone is made by a different company,' Pichai responded. Apple makes the iPhone - Google provide the operating system for Android devices.

Complaint - Pichai - Appearance - House - Judiciary

King made his complaint during Pichai's appearance before the House Judiciary Committee, where lawmakers questioned the tech CEO on privacy issues, data collection, allegations of conservative bias and the company's plans to expand to China.

He is one of several Republican lawmakers who have alleged Google is biased against conservatives in its search results. President Donald Trump has made a similar complaint.

King - Soliloquy - Grievances - Tech - Company

King was wrapping up a soliloquy of grievances against the tech company when he ended with a story about his granddaughter and waved around an older version of the iPhone as he spoke.

'I have a seven year old granddaughter, who picked up her phone before the election and she was playing a little game - the kind of game a kid would play - and up on there pops a picture of her grandfather.

Record - Kind - Language - Picture - Seven-year-old

'And I'm not going to say into the record what kind of language was used around that picture but I would ask you: How does that show up on a seven-year-old's iPhone who was playing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!