Office worker creates Britain's most festive work space complete with snowy castle and penguins

Mail Online | 12/11/2018 | Sophie Law For Mailonline
hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/11/15/7289914-0-image-a-38_1544541463939.jpg

A Christmas-mad office worker has turned his desk into Britain's most festive workspace - transforming it into a snow-covered castle complete with a drawbridge and penguins.

Jack Makepeace has created a merry masterpiece of his workspace for the third year in a row so he can celebrate Christmas while on the job.

Competition - Colleagues - Building - Services - Firm

What started as a competition with colleagues at a building services firm in Leeds, West Yorkshire, has now turned into a tradition - with Mr Makepeace's workmates waiting in anticipation for his creation.

This year newly married Mr Makepeace drew inspiration from his recent honeymoon to Sweden when he and new wife, student Charlotte, 23, visited the Ice Hotel.

Cardboard - Castle - Snow - Drawbridge - Turrets

The 24-year-old created a cardboard castle covered in snow with a working drawbridge and turrets, huge candy canes and even a snow-covered a postbox.

It also comes complete with fairy lights, tinsel, penguins and fake snow balls.

Mr - Makepace - Castle - Work - Computer

Mr Makepace sits inside his castle to do his work and sets his computer on the log fire screensaver mode if he starts feeling the cold.

The extravagant Christmas decorations are especially bold - as his desk is located next to the boss.

'It - Hours

He said: 'It took me about five hours to make.

'I have a degree in engineering so, luckily, the drawbridge didn't pose too many problems to construct.

Office - Sunday - Thing - Time

'I then went into the office on Sunday to staple the whole thing together. I promise it was all done in my own time.'

Mr Makepace has always loved Christmas, but especially so because his blind wife loves all the sparkles.

'Charlotte - Disorder - Retinitis - Pigmentosa - Sight

He said: 'Charlotte has a genetic disorder called retinitis pigmentosa which meant she lost her sight at 14-years-old.

'She only has a little light perception left so she can see all the sparkles, on the tinsel and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur