Why the North American Church Is Unlikely to Experience Revival

ChurchLeaders | 12/11/2018 | Staff
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/12.12.HOME_.CC.UnlikelyRevival.jpg

First, a caveat: I strongly believe that revival is the gift of God, and He grants it sovereignly according to His plan. My point with this post, though, is not that we somehow control God’s event calendar; instead, it’s that our church culture doesn’t exhibit some of the characteristics that have preceded God’s great movements.

Here’s why I wonder if the North American church will experience revival:

God - Kind - Desperation - Terminology - Words

We’re not really desperate for God. We may use that kind of “desperation” terminology, but the words don’t always reflect our heart. It’s been some time since I’ve seen a congregation that pleads for God’s presence.

We tend to speak about the sin of others rather than deal with our own sin. We preach strongly against sins that we sometimes tolerate under our own roof. Few people are so broken over personal sin that they can only cry out to God.

Stuff - Fleeting - Stuff - Happier - God

We find happiness in our stuff. Sure, we know it’s all fleeting, but we treat it as if it weren’t. The more stuff we have, the “happier” we feel and the less we need God – and we often have much more stuff than people around the world do.

We know little of the Word of God...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?
Tagged: