Ignorant Congressmen Don’t Understand Tech

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 12/11/2018 | George Prayias
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/APP-121218-Google-CEO-Sundar-Pichai-.jpg

RUSH: So I just watched a little bit of the hearing going on now with the Google CEO being interrogated by various members of Congress. You know, it’s a combination of frustrating and humorous to watch a lot of people who don’t really understand… They hold up their iPhone and they ask the guy a question. They hold up their cell phone and they ask the guy a question. It’s somewhat frustrating and humorous same time to see people that don’t really know what they’re talking about or asking about.

One of the big allegations about Google and all of the big tech firms just in the past… It’s amazing the stages these things go in. We’re back now to the fact, “These companies are tracking every user’s location by the foot! They can tell when you’re here or there, and they’re monitoring every step you take, and they’re able to pinpoint where you are for advertisers at any time day or night!” So everybody’s back on this.

Guy - Phone - Google - CEO - Corner

So one guy’s holding up his phone, and he’s asking the Google CEO, “If I stand up from where I’m sitting and if I walk over to the corner, does somewhere in Google know that I have moved that distance?” “Well, Senator…” He’s stumbling through an answer and a guy says, “Look, it’s not a tough question! You make $100 million a year. You can tell me whether or not if I go to the corner of the room, somebody at Google knows it!” Google isn’t tracking people individually. It’s not how the location data works.

I agree that it might be invasive to a lot of people. It might make them nervous, but there’s nobody there spying on you. They might be spying on Steph Curry because they think he’s a big star and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...
Tagged: