Google CEO was asked by a Congressmen if his iPhone was tracking him

CNET | 12/11/2018 | Ben Fox Rubin
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/1KNaHL-WqaFH1MriwUG6g-m5rB4=/724x407/2018/05/08/c5319e9a-299e-4078-aca9-d18672236722/google-io-2018-7313.jpg

Google CEO Sundar Pichai at the company's 2018 I/O event.

Is Google's location tracking so precise that it can know if someone moved from one side of a room to another?

Question - US - Rep - Ted - Poe

That's a question US Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas) repeatedly asked Google CEO Sundar Pichai during one of the most pointed exchanges of Pichai's Congressional hearing Tuesday. But, Poe left himself open to Pichai dodging the questions by using an iPhone, instead of a Google Android phone, as an example.

"I have an iPhone and if I move from here and go over there and sit with my Democrat friends, which would make them real nervous, does Google track my movement?" Poe asked, while holding up an Apple phone. "Does Google through this phone know that I have moved here and moved over to the left."

Pichai - Location - Services - Phone - Google

Pichai demurred, saying location services weren't default on his phone, noting that there may be a Google service...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!