‘Birds of Prey’ Writer Christina Hodson Explains the Movie’s Crazy Long Title

/Film | 12/10/2018 | Hoai-Tran Bui
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/birds-of-prey-movie-release-date.jpg

Birds of Prey‘s full title just rolls off the tongue. In full, it’s called Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn), and has been confirmed to be the official title and not some joke that star Margot Robbie scribbled on the script. Now writer Christina Hodson is here to explain why they settled on that title, and how it’s actually important to the movie.

When Margot Robbie revealed the full Birds of Prey title on Instagram last month, it was mostly met with raised eyebrows. Could that long, clunky title really be the official title? Not some cheeky working title that Warner Bros. accidentally approved? Well, that latter question isn’t totally inaccurate, Hodson revealed in an interview with Collider. The title started as a joke, but then turned out to perfectly suit the movie, she said:

Reason - Aka - Script - Year - Aka

I don’t know if I’m officially allowed to say, but there’s no reason why not. It was an unofficial aka, when I wrote the script. I added it about a year or so ago, almost exactly as it is, just as an aka. I didn’t think we’d ever use it. We’d always used a working title, so I just had it as a cheeky little...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!