‘Outlander’ Recap: Jamie Encounters William Again in ‘Blood of My Blood’

Variety | 12/10/2018 | Andrea Reiher
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/outlander-406.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you have not yet watched “Blood Of My Blood,” the sixth episode of “Outlander” Season 4.

The action in “Blood of My Blood” picked up almost immediately after the previous week’s episode, as evidenced by the fact that Murtagh (Duncan Lacroix) was still staying with Claire (Caitriona Balfe) and Jamie (Sam Heughan) at Fraser’s Ridge. But Murtagh quickly became old news in terms of reunions when Lord John Grey (David Berry) showed up — with young William (Oliver Finnegan) in tow.

Time - Jamie - Son - Willie - Years

The last time Jamie saw his son, Willie was just six years old, so Lord John cautioned Jamie that he probably won’t remember him. But Jamie was just happy to get to see both him and his old friend for a little while. Lord John informed Jamie that Isobel perished on their journey across the Atlantic, which was especially hard on William because she was the only mother he’s ever known.

After getting a small amount of alone time with Jamie, Lord John was delighted to see Claire and Murtagh again — remember, he knows Murtagh from Ardsmuir too — or at least he put on a good face in pretending to be delighted to see them. Lord John has a complicated relationship with Jamie and therefore some complicated feelings about Jamie’s wife.

Lord - John - Feelings - Murtagh - Dinner

It turned out Lord John also had complicated feelings about Murtagh, which he admitted over dinner that first night. The two men were on very different sides of the coming American Colonies-British Crown conflict, which put Jamie in an awkward position between his two close friends. Lord John’s position was that the Regulators were a violent band of criminals, while Murtagh maintained they were simply responding to the unreasonable taxes imposed by the governor and other British representatives.

Jamie was able to slip away before...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!