Rubio can't say whether he supports Trump picks for U.N., attorney general

www.cbsnews.com | 12/9/2018 | Staff
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/12/09/dc84d22a-62bc-450b-9f41-4c0152e04ee2/thumbnail/1200x630/3840b896dd877e5f9d3550195fd428ef/screen-shot-2018-12-09-at-8-11-19-am.png

https://www.cbsnews.com/api/v1/filetossl/?source=ipad-streaming&path=/media/mpx/2018/12/09/1393084483526/1209_FTN_MarcoRubio_1730209_phone.m3u8

Sen. Marco Rubio needs more information about President Trump's picks for attorney general and U.N. ambassador before deciding whether to support their nominations, he said on "Face the Nation" Sunday.

Mr. Trump announced last week he will nominate William Barr to become attorney general, a position he held during the first Bush administration. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert is Mr. Trump's choice to represent the U.S. at the U.N. Both nominees require Senate confirmation. Barr has made some comments critical of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, and Nauert was a Fox News host with no government experience when she joined the State Department.

Rubio - Nominees - Qualifications

Rubio said he wants to meet with both nominees and review their qualifications before saying whether he will vote to confirm them.

"Well, I can't comment on whether I support [Barr] or not yet. I haven't even begun to review his qualifications or his record in the past," Rubio said Sunday. "I know he's been through the Senate process before. I'm going to watch the Judiciary process very closely. At the appropriate time I'll meet with the nominee and get my own take on it, and then I'll have a decision to make. I generally do not support nominees, for the most part, unless I know them personally and well, until they have worked their way through the committee process. So I can't tell you whether I support him or not until I've been able to review all of that."

Rubio - Member - Senate - Foreign - Relations

Rubio is a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which will hold Nauert's confirmation hearings....
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.cbsnews.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.