How Do You Help a Person Who Is Stuck on Herself?

Rick Thomas | 12/9/2018 | Rick Thomas
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/RMlogoHowDoYouHelpaPersonWhoIsStuckonHerself.jpg

Trying to be perfect in an imperfect world to garner the good opinion of others will hurt your relationships with God, family, and friends. Let me illustrate how this works with my friend Mable.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Mable is insecure. Mable has a hard time admitting she is wrong. Mable has a high view of herself. Mable is self-righteous. How she appears before others as well as how she thinks others think about her are of utmost importance to Mable.

Friends - Example - Family - Perspective - Mable

Many of her friends love her and see her as an example that they want to emulate, but her family has a different perspective on Mable. They can never honestly say what they think about her because Mable has never been humble enough to receive their observations.

Whenever her family has brought their perspectives to Mable, she would respond with anger or other emotional reactions, while letting them know the many ways they have failed her. Mable’s family has taken the position of overlooking things because it is not worth getting into an argument with her.

Mable - Self-righteousness - Effect - Husband - Biff

Mable’s self-righteousness has had an even more detrimental effect on her husband, Biff. He has had his sin problems, and Mable has not been shy about reminding him of where he has failed and how he has hurt her.

She expresses her disappointment to Biff through her nagging, criticism, and consistent demeaning attitude. Recently she told him if he continued sinning, she would leave him.

Biff - Repentance - Humility - Reasons - Counseling

Biff has been trying to walk out his repentance in humility, and it appears that he is trying to change for the right reasons. Recently he said during a counseling session:

I don’t want to sin anymore. I’m working hard not to. I have spent...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: