CNN’s Don Lemon says he wouldn’t have shaken Trump’s hand at Bush funeral

Fox News | 12/6/2018 | Joseph Wulfsohn
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/lemon01.jpg

Did Hillary Snub Trump at Bush Funeral?

CNN’s Don Lemon was all-in with his anti-Trump rhetoric Wednesday night, saying he wouldn’t shake the president’s hand and bashing him for removing his coat.

Lemon - Take - Arrival - Trumps - George

Lemon gave his take on the widely discussed arrival of the Trumps at George H.W. Bush’s funeral with his colleague Chris Cuomo — when the current president shook hands with the Obamas while Hillary Clinton didn’t offer him a glance.

“I’ve got to tell you, I’m just being honest, the Obamas are really classy folks because I don’t know if I could be,” Lemon began. “I don’t think I would’ve shake hands with him. I would just — no, couldn’t do it. I’m not that big of a person. I would hope that I would be, but I don’t — I can’t fake the funk, as they say. And I’m not saying that the Obamas did that.”

CNN - Host - Don - Lemon - Obamas

CNN host Don Lemon said the Obamas are classier than him for shaking President Trump’s hand.

Cuomo replied, “I don’t think it’s about faking the funk. I think it’s about showing respect for something bigger than them.”

Lemon - Shot - Obamas - Respect - Trumps

Lemon shot back, asking why the Obamas should show respect for the Trumps when they don’t do the same.

“They showed respect for the office. The way they conducted themselves in office. No scandal. There was no trash. There was no affair. They showed the ultimate respect for the office. They do not have to show respect for someone who does not respect them. Someone who tweets out pictures of them behind bars,” Lemon said. “You don’t have to show respect for that kind of person.”

Lemon - HW - Bush - Member - TV

Lemon then demonstrated what he “would have done” at the H.W. Bush’s funeral with a member of the TV crew. When the staffer reached for Lemon’s hand, the CNN host just gave a gentle nod.

“You’re petty...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: