Heartwarming moment 88-year-old with no family meets the daughter, 69, she thought died in birth

Mail Online | 12/6/2018 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/06/16/7096220-0-image-a-7_1544113455923.jpg

One elderly woman with no family thought she was all alone in the world until she was miraculously reunited with the daughter she was told died after birth, nearly 70 years later.

Genevieve Purinton, 88, thought she had no family left and lives a quiet life in an assisted living center in North Tampa.

Siblings - Children - Heartbreak - Birth - Age

Her eight siblings have died and she had no other children after she went through heartbreak in 1949 when she gave birth at the age of 18 and was told the child had died.

But it turns out child, born in Gary, Indiana, was very much alive and was given up for adoption and raised in South Carolina.

'I - Baby - Purinton - NBC

'I asked to see the baby and they said she died, that’s all I remember,' Purinton said to NBC.

Connie Moultroup, now 69, spent her whole life searching for her birth mother.

'It - Lifetime - Years - Mother - Moultroup

'It's been a lifetime of wanting this. I remember being five years old, wishing I could find my mother,' Moultroup, who lives in Vermont, said.

Moultroup's adoptive mother passed away when she was just five and her stepmother was abusive, giving her a rough childhood.

'She - Mother - Years - Dream - Moultroup

'She would fantasize about her mother rescuing her since she was five years old. It's truly her life-long dream,' Moultroup's daughter Bonnie Chase, 50, said.

Moultroup was able to trace her mother after Chase bought her an Ancestry DNA kit last Christmas.

'It - Christmas - Present - Lives - Chase

'It was just a cool Christmas present and it has completely changed our lives,' Chase said.

The kit connected her to a cousin. When they finally met via phone, Moultroup gave her birth mother's name...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!