Do You Need to Forgive the Season?

ChurchLeaders | 12/6/2018 | Staff
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/CL_DepressedChristmas_642x428.jpg

Christmas is the season for togetherness and the time for forgiveness. It is a time when we all want to love, laugh and forgive and forget, and are looking for the easiest way to do so.

The one whose birth we celebrate as the finale of the season ended His earthly quest with a proclamation – “Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

Goal - Forgiveness - Tradition - Traditions - Ones

The goal of forgiveness is not to restore tradition or replace old traditions with new ones. The goal of forgiveness is to move beyond the ability to remember why you were angry in the first place. If you truly want to forgive, make sure it’s not because of the season or the event.

By the same token, there cannot and should not be stipulations on forgiveness that are either chronological or genealogical. The attribute of forgiveness cannot be based on age, gender, geography or problem. It has to stem from the heart, because in offering the olive branch, you are clearing the air for new feelings.

Marriage - Couple - Wife - Method - Forgiveness

Early in our marriage, an older couple gave my wife and me the greatest method of forgiveness. A rose was placed in an empty vase on the mantle by one of the two parties in a disagreement. When the other saw the rose they knew that it was an apology and a sign for truce. The goal of the endeavor was harmony and not to count whether one individual had indeed placed more roses in the vase during the previous calendar year.

Forgiveness has no count as we are mandated to forgive 70 times seven. I don’t want to mathematically engage...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: