THE PROMISE OF FREEDOM FROM THE POWER OF SIN

Christianity.com | 12/6/2018 | Staff
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
“Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:2).

Pay attention to that little word “free.”

Key - Life

It’s the key to the whole Christian life.

God always wanted to set us free. Whether we knew it or not, before we came to Christ, we were slaves to sin. That’s what Paul meant by “the law of sin and death.” We sinned because we couldn’t help it, and our sin was slowly killing us. The chains of sin were wrapped around our necks, choking off any possibility of knowing God personally.

Jesus - Christ - Chains - Things - Habits

Through Jesus Christ those chains have been broken permanently and completely. The things that held us back—our old habits of life, our rebellious nature, our self‑destructive behavior, our anger and bitterness—no longer have the same power over us.

God has set us free from the obligation to obey the urges of the old life. We don’t have to live that way anymore. In place of the old life with its insatiable urge to do wrong, God has given us the “Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.”

Holy - Spirit - Life - Desires - Ones

When the Holy Spirit comes in, he brings new life with him. He replaces the old desires with entirely new ones. In place of the sin that dragged us down, the Holy Spirit begins to lead us to a brand‑new way of life. In place...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christianity.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?