Selfless firefighter donates kidney to save life of complete stranger

Mail Online | 12/5/2018 | Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/05/21/7060360-0-image-a-27_1544044606057.jpg

A selfless firefighter has gone above and beyond the call of duty by donating his kidney to save a complete stranger's life.

Doctors at Duke University Hospital in Durham, North Carolina, removed a kidney from 41-year-old Edgewater firefighter David Blair on November 15.

Mr - Blair - Surgery - Media - Post

Mr. Blair said he was inspired to under-go the surgery after seeing a heartbreaking social media post by Garry Hughes, seeking desperate help for his ailing daughter.

The firefighter took a survey through the hospital's organ transplant website and then a series of follow-up tests.

Recipient - Gesture - Heidi - Hughes - Match

The 33-year-old recipient of his incredible gesture, Heidi Hughes, was a perfect match for Mr. Blair's organ.

The surgery was a success and Blair is now at home recovering.

Heidi - Hughes - Colorado - Springs - Cystinosis

Heidi Hughes, from Colorado Springs, who was born with cystinosis - a rare metabolic disease - is very thankful to David and says she intends to take good care of his gift.

She told Wesh 2 News: 'Kidneys are the first one to reject. So I had my first kidney transplant in 2002. It was donated by my dad.'

Live

But unable to act as a live...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.