God and the Bible Are Not All You Need to Change

Rick Thomas | 12/2/2018 | Rick Thomas
dewbydewby (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/RMlogoGodandtheBibleAreNotAllYouNeedtoChangeWell.jpg

The Lord and the Bible will not work well for you if those two wonderful things are all you have. There seems to be a consensus of affirmation among many Christians who believe the Lord and His Word are all you need. The Bible would not support this narrow claim on how sanctification happens. Let me tell you a story.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Is Your Church a Preaching Center or a Discipleship Community?

Husband - Biff - Celebration - Choice - Rest

Mable just celebrated her seventh anniversary with her husband, Biff. Her celebration was by herself, which was her choice. She, like the rest of us, went into marriage with certain expectations. She, like the rest of us, was not prepared to live with an imperfect person.

Somehow she had convinced herself that a relationship with her husband would be different from the relationship she had with her father. Maybe it was too many chick flicks. Perhaps it was those fairy tales she loved as a little girl. Maybe it was her teen friends, who over-idolized drop-dead gorgeous boys.

Frustration - Today - Husband - Heap - Men

I suppose it does not matter why she set herself up for this major frustration. Today, she has relegated her husband to the heap of disappointing men in her life. When I asked her why she was staying in the marriage, she said it was the Christian thing to do.

At 28-years old, she was facing a life sentence. She was living with a man that she was falling out of love with by the minute, and she was not going to void her commitment to God. Stuck in a bad marriage, she had to figure out how to endure to the end, when death would mercifully remove her from her miserable marriage.

Her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The only change you ever get from the goverment is what's in your pocket, and worth less every day.
Tagged: