Starbucks adds the new juniper latte to its holiday drinks and it tastes like a Christmas tree

Mail Online | 11/28/2018 | Robyn Turk For Dailymail.com
vpp1219vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/28/00/6714786-0-image-a-2_1543365291308.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/01/3050963301561905276/1024x576_MP4_3050963301561905276.mp4

Starbucks latest festive beverage release has become the subject of intense mockery on social media, with Twitter users brutally critiquing the holiday drink without even trying it.

The Juniper Latte - an espresso-based beverage infused with juniper and sage - was released in stores on November 27, and it wasn't long before people gleefully began ripping apart both its name and its taste in a series of hilarious tweets.

Latte - Name - Drag - Queen - Person

'Juniper Latte is an awesome name for a drag queen!' one person wrote on the social media site, while another person added: 'I saw the words #JuniperLatte trending and thought it was some new singer or a celebrity baby's name.'

But while some went straight for the unique name of the beverage, others chose to attack its flavors - with a few people blasting the drink as 'weird', while also insisting it 'tastes like a tree'.

Christmas - Tree - Twitter - User - @

'Tasted like I chewed on a Christmas tree,' wrote Twitter user @sahmiamx2. 'Disgusting. Skip this holiday flavour [sic].'

Another user claimed that the latte contained hints of meaty flavoring, writing: 'Is anyone getting a hint of chicken bouillon from the new #JuniperLatte @Starbucks? Or perhaps it's more of a beef flavor...'

Starbucks - Beverage - Followers - Juniper - Latte

One Starbucks barista even joined in criticizing the beverage, warning her followers: 'The new Juniper Latte literally tastes like a tree. If you come order it I’ll probably make you something else.'

Meanwhile, another person joked that the controversial drink might provide the perfect middle ground for a select few, posting: 'The Starbucks Juniper Latte, for when you want to drink a pine tree but aren’t sad enough for gin.'

Juniper - Latte - Addition - Holiday - Locations

But there are also those who love the Juniper Latte, which is the newest addition to the holiday drink line-up and is available at select locations nationwide starting today.

Food and Wine magazine commended Starbucks'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...