NFL Notebook: Ramsey Credits QB He Trash-Talked

www.oann.com | 1/7/2018 | Staff
The “trash” quarterback topped the trash-talker on Sunday as Josh Allen’s Buffalo Bills earned a 24-21 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars and cornerback Jalen Ramsey in Orchard Park, N.Y.

Ramsey made headlines last summer when he criticized the Bills’ selection of Allen with the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, telling GQ magazine, “I think Allen is trash. I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash. … We play them this year, and I’m excited as ****. I hope he’s their starting quarterback.”

Sunday - Allen - Damage - Legs - Arm

On Sunday, Allen did much of his damage with his legs instead of his arm, producing 99 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries. He completed just 8 of 19 passes for 160 yards and a TD without throwing an interception. Ramsey said postgame, “He did enough to get their team the win. … Not a lot of (passing stats) … but I know he ran the ball really well.”

–Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette and Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson were ejected after a brawl between the two teams late in the third quarter.

Players - Punches - Melee - Sideline - End

The players threw multiple punches at each other in a melee on the sideline outside the end zone that spilled up to the wall in front of the first row of stands. Fournette’s helmet was pushed off as the two struggled, and both players tumbled to the ground.

–Jaguars offensive lineman Andrew Norwell was helped off the field and carted to the locker room after injuring his ankle in the loss to the Bills.

Norwell - Injury - Pass - Play - Quarter

Norwell sustained the injury while he was pass blocking on the first play of the fourth quarter. He could not put any weight on his injured leg and did not return to the game.

–Running back Melvin Gordon left in the third quarter of the Los Angeles Chargers’ win over the Arizona Cardinals with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: