Finding Thanksgiving in the Borderline Tragedy

Townhall | 11/25/2018 | Staff
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/images/2018/328/7907d132-c654-4fd8-b206-13edd992692a.jpg

The Democrats 'Gas Tax' Is A Loser Idea That A Winning President Should Avoid!

The original Thanksgiving observance in 1621 was a celebration of the Pilgrim’s survival following a difficult winter during which 46 of 102 original colonists had perished. It was a time to reflect back on the great difficulty they had experienced and celebrate how their community was able to recover and endure.

Weeks - November - Phone - Rang - Wife

Two weeks ago, on November 7th at 11:30pm, my phone rang. I listened as my wife informed me that there had been a shooting at Borderline, a popular country-themed restaurant and dance club that our two oldest children frequent most Wednesday evenings for College Night. She said our son Tyler was okay. He had escaped through the restaurant’s kitchen during a pause in the gunfire and was safe in a home nearby. That phone conversation, and the aftermath of events, turned out to be quite a wake-up call.

What unfolded that night horrified the nation and wreaked havoc on the psyche of those directly involved. As a parent, it was distressing to hear the terror in my son’s voice just minutes after experiencing a horrific scene, and it was painful to watch my children sink to their knees in tears as the news of a friend’s death at Borderline was confirmed. Even more difficult has been seeing the unbelievable sadness of grieving parents and families who have lost loved ones.

Tragedies - Happen - Answers - Kind - Person

When senseless tragedies like this happen we all want answers. What kind of person would do something so evil? Why would God allow the lives of beautiful and talented young people to end so tragically? The same questions are asked with any tragedy, but unfortunately with mass killings of innocent people, there are no rational answers. Although there may not be answers, there are after effects.

Our faith in humanity...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!