Thanksgiving Is Not Simply a Holiday, But a Way of Life

Uncommon God, Common Good | 11/23/2018 | Staff
katz1234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/307/2018/11/German-Harvest-Thanksgiving-Food-Decoration.jpg

Thanksgiving is not simply a holiday, but a way of life that should carry on throughout the year. Or at least it should be. Here I think of Psalm 23, which is attributed to David. Here we find the psalmist marveling at God’s mercy and goodness. Although he walks through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalm 23:4), and though he is being pursued by his enemies, he is ever mindful of God’s goodness to him. In fact, he goes so far as to say that his cup overflows:

in the presence of my enemies;

Head - Oil

you anoint my head with oil;

There are those of us who look at life as a cup half empty and those of us who look at life as a cup half full. This psalmist looks at life at this point in his sojourn as a cup that overflows. How do you and I look at life in the midst of various challenging circumstances? Let me just say that I wish I had this psalmist’s perspective more often. But why? The rest of this post will seek to answer this question.

Sake - Day

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;

we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

Paul - Fare - Share - Extreme - Challenges

Paul certainly faced his fare share of extreme challenges, from shipwrecks to floggings to hunger to homelessness and beyond (See 2 Corinthians 11:23-29). Eventually, he would be killed for his faithful service to Jesus Christ. But no matter his circumstances, he never lost hope. He remained grateful in the midst of very trying circumstances, for he knew God was with him.

The Apostle Paul is not alone. A young lady named Ana was severely injured in a head-on, hit and run automobile accident in mid-October last year. Ana has slowly proceeded from critical condition to rehabilitation. Ana was asked what she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Uncommon God, Common Good
Wake Up To Breaking News!