Home Alone in the PCA

Blog & Mablog | 11/20/2018 | Douglas Wilson
tanikaki (Posted by) Level 3

In order to make some space for a #NoQuarterNovember post today, I am serving up a truncated letters section today. In order to keep life simple, I am just publishing letters on the PCA, R.I.P. post.

How does the story of the Southern Baptist Convention fit into your paradigm of the slippery slope toward inevitable liberalism? I don’t know that story in any depth, but from what I understand, some decades ago the Southern Baptists were almost lost, and conservatives rescued the denomination. Maybe that they fought, that leaders emerged who refused to be cowed into silence? We currently attend a PCA church, and the pastors are well aware of the drift, and have mentioned it from the pulpit. I wonder how they fit. Anyway, thoughts appreciated.

Mike - SBC - Liberalism - Brink - Time

Mike, I believe that the SBC was saved from liberalism once, but is on the brink of going under again. It was saved the first time by men who fought, and who need to fight again. The same thing is true of men in the PCA.

Re: PCA, R.I.P. Pastor Wilson, you wrote: “The fight about southern slavery was not an apologetic for slavery at all. It was an apologetic for the plain teaching of the Bible.” I concur. And would say the same thing about the PCA’s move in the early 2000s allowing our elders to hold multiple views of the days of creation. If the PCA General Assembly held such a dim view of the authority of Scripture that it allowed our elders to turn 6 days into 6 billion years, I figure we were pretty much toast even back then. Revoice affirms this, and is a sign (to those who are paying attention—see the Parable of the Ten Virgins, Matthew 25) that the end is coming sooner rather than later.

Bill

Bill, yes, particularly as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: