How Dumb Are You? 5 Brain Training and Analyzing Apps to Check Your Mind

MakeUseOf | 11/20/2018 | Mihir Patkar
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/brain-training-994x400.jpg

Like everything else about yourself, you can improve how your brain functions. These brain training and analyzing apps show just how dumb you are, and teach you to sharpen your mind.

We aren’t going to debate brain training games and their neuroscience. These apps will analyze your brain to give you an idea of which areas you really need to work on. Others give you exercises to improve those functions. And one app shows you how the human brain is easily tricked into making bad decisions.

Lumosity - Lie - Neuroscience - Behind - Brain

Is Lumosity a Lie? The Neuroscience Behind Brain Training Games

Brain training games promise to improve your memory, prevent cognitive losses and decrease your chances of showing symptoms of dementia – are their promises too good to be true?

Cambridge - Brain - Sciences - CBS - App

Canada-based Cambridge Brain Sciences (CBS) is the go-to app if you want to analyze how healthy your brain is right now. It’s even used by researchers and academics for basic cognitive function tests, and were the prime tests for our analysis of what happens when you stare at a screen for 48 hours.

I Stared at Screens for 48 Hours and Here's What Happened...

Screens - Hours

I Stared at Screens for 48 Hours and Here's What Happened...

I recently agreed to do something very stupid: subject myself to as much screen time as possible over the span of 48 hours. How did this experiment affect me? Read on to find out...

Sign - Service - Access - Tests - Split

Sign up for the free service and you can access these tests, split into reasoning, memory, and verbal. Each test is an online game with simple instructions, like the one in the video above. The more answers you get right, the more difficult the game gets. There’s a timer for each turn, and three wrong answers ends the game. Get as high a score as you can to raise your brain health.

At...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MakeUseOf
Wake Up To Breaking News!