How to Respond When Your Prayers Go Unanswered

ChurchLeaders | 11/19/2018 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/11.20.HOME_.CC.PrayersUnAnswered.jpg

You don’t want to ask me to pray for your marriage.

In 2017, I prayed weekly for three couples. The first one divorced at the beginning of the year, the second one a few months ago, and the third a few weeks ago.

Marriages - Weeks - Prayer - Divorces

Three marriages, 52 weeks of prayer, three divorces.

I still love the individuals, but my heart grieves for the end of their marriages. It doesn’t matter if you know them or not—their names and situations are not important to this post. God knows all the details. Their marriages included infidelity, abuse, deceit and more. God hates divorce but loves the people (Malachi 2:16).

Point - Post - Marriage - Divorce - God

But that’s not the point of this post. I’m not here to argue marriage and divorce or God’s view of their situations and decisions. Instead, I’m here to ask (and partially answer) the question, “Why didn’t God answer my prayers?”

Apparently, I’m not the first person to ask this question. In fact, 16,800,000 other people have addressed this question in some form or fashion.

People - Prayers

As you can see, it’s quite common for people to cry out to God about unanswered prayers.

Sometimes I thank God for them. Garth Brooks thanks God for them. If God answered all my prayers the way I wanted Him to answer them:

Someone - Kristen

I’d be married to someone other than Kristen.

We wouldn’t have four boys we love so much.

Texas - Staff - Watermark—that

We wouldn’t be in Texas and I wouldn’t be on staff at Watermark—that would stink!

I wouldn’t be a graduate of Wake Forest University.

Struggle - Independence - Rather

I wouldn’t be weak or struggle. This would lead to an independence I don’t want or need. Rather, when I’m weak,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: