Ashley Graham says she's 'gained weight over the last five years' and talks white privilege

Mail Online | 11/19/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/19/16/6387916-0-image-a-21_1542645987897.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/16/6813491821836744050/1024x576_MP4_6813491821836744050.mp4

Her rise to fame has been meteoric and now she's not shying away from tough conversations about her success.

Ashley Graham admitted that she's been given opportunities over the last few years to trailblaze for curvy girls, in part, because she's white.

Supermodel - Size - Topic - Conversation - Weight

The supermodel, whose size is always a topic a conversation, also revealed that she's 'gained weight' in the past few years in a new interview for Glamour's November digital issue.

'Because I'm white and because of white privilege, I've been given a platform,' Graham said in the interview.

Beauty - Husband - Years - Justin - Ervin

The 31-year-old beauty acknowledged that her husband of eight years, Justin Ervin helped open her eyes to racial disparities and how he guides her awareness through 'teachable' moments.

'I've had this conversation with some of my white friends, and it's hard for them to understand what that means,' the face of Revlon said.

Reason - Conversations - Husband - One - Eyes

'The only reason I understand is because of the hard conversations that I've had with my husband. He's the one who really opened my eyes to that and made me understand.'

Ashley has made it her mission to use her platform to move the conversation of size and race inclusivity forward.

Something - Questions

'When you're the first of something, you are always going to have to answer the hard questions,' she explained.

'People aren't going to like you. People are going to hate you. People are going to be confused by you because you're the new kid in town. But if you ask me, I'm not the new kid in town—this body's been around for centuries and now I've just been given a voice.'

Graham - Body - Subject - Envy - Scorn

Graham's body has been the subject of both envy and scorn.

She's been lauded for being the first plus size model on the cover of Vogue and Sports Illustrated while simultaneously being trolled for looking 'pregnant' and then harangued for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!