Trump’s Answer to Reporter on Wildfires and Climate Change Has Conservatives Cheering

Conservative Tribune | 11/19/2018 | Cillian Zeal
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Trump-in-California.jpg

California’s wildfires have already cost at least 76 lives and about 1,000 others are missing. So, you know what the media saw: An opportunity to attack President Donald Trump.

Now, as always, anyone who doesn’t follow the straight-up Al Gore script on how to deal with climate change is being blamed. Chief among these, of course, is the commander in chief, who pulled us out of the Paris Agreement.

Climate - Change - Fires - Steps - Frequency

“With climate change, (fires are) going to be worse, and we need to take steps to reduce their frequency, reduce their severity and yes, forest management is one piece of it, but there are lots of other pieces, and I think the president needs to listen to the experts because clearly he isn’t one of them,” California Rep. Adam Schiff, a Democrat, said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday.

Trump, meanwhile, has pointed out that forest management would likely be a better alternative.

Reporters - California - Opinion - Climate - Change

Asked by reporters in California whether his opinion on climate change had been altered by the California wildfires, Trump responded, “No, no, I have a strong opinion. I want a great climate.”

According to CNN, the president added that forest management would be a key priority.

Forests - Trump - Visit - Emergency - Command

“We’re going to have that, and we are going to have forests that are very safe because we can’t go through this,” Trump said during a visit to an emergency command center in Chico, one of the cities most affected by the fires.

Do you agree with what Donald Trump had to say?

Yes No

Completing this poll entitles you to Conservative Tribune news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Year - Forests

“Every year we go through this. We’re going to have safe forests, and that’s happening as we speak.”

On Saturday, Trump had said there were “a lot...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!