The Walking Dead Recap: Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Daryl

TVLine | 11/18/2018 | Charlie Mason
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/the-walking-dead-season-9-episode-7-norman-reedus1.jpg?w=620

After “Who Are You Now?” gave us our first teensy taste of the Whisperers, Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead — the last one before the midseason finale — dished out… Drat. Only another minuscule morsel. After the opening showed us Rosita running from what she thought were walkers speaking in hushed tones, that was about it for the show’s new Big Bads. So how was the rest of the hour filled, then? By catching us up with B players like Jesus, Tara and Aaron, feeding us backstory on the newbies and their ill-fated friend Bernie, and revealing how, ahem, doggedly Carol was willing to pursue Daryl to be Henry’s Hilltop babysitter.

‘YOU’VE BEEN OUT HERE LONGER THAN I THOUGHT YOU’D BE’ | Early on in “Stradivarius,” Carol and Henry arrived at Daryl’s very open-air camp and met his dog, whose name was apparently Dog. (Right on cue, I — and I suspect all the animal lovers in the audience — had a traumatic flashback to Shiva’s unhappy ending.) Carol wasted little time revealing to her BFF the reason for the drop-in: Henry was going to learn smithing at the Hilltop, and since she had to return to the Kingdom, she wanted Daryl to play Supernanny to the idealistic kid. How about it? “Nah,” grunted Daryl, “he’s gonna have to learn, just like you and I did.” Henry, for one, was all for that idea. He couldn’t believe that his mom thought he needed a chaperone. And even if he did, “this guy?”

Michonne - Siddiq - DJ - Magna - Yumiko

Meanwhile, as Michonne, Siddiq and D.J. traveled with Magna, Yumiko, Kelly, Connie and Luke toward the Hilltop, Miko apologized to Alexandria’s security chief for Magna’s ‘tude. She’d been hard hit by the death of Bernie, whose awful paisley shirt she’d come to like as much as she had him....
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!