I'm A Celebrity: Declan Donnelly and Holly Willoughby 'consulted Ant McPartlin on script'

Mail Online | 11/19/2018 | Kate Thomas for MailOnline
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/18/23/6357842-0-image-a-134_1542584495775.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/16/2743711721428137590/1024x576_MP4_2743711721428137590.mp4

They've presented I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! as a double act since its inception in 2002.

And Declan Donnelly has reportedly been in constant contact with his best friend Ant McPartlin ahead of hosting the ITV show without him for the first time.

Geordie - Presenter - Ant - Time - TV

The Geordie presenter allegedly consulted Ant - who is taking time out from his TV duties following his drink driving conviction and rehab stint - over the script, ensuring he was happy with his dialogue with stand-in host Holly Willoughby.

The new hosting duo reportedly waited until just before the show aired to see 'what felt right' with the script.

Dec - Holly - Ant - Name - Opening

Dec and Holly didn't refer to Ant by name during the opening sequence, instead joking about how strange it was to be joined by a woman.

'It’s a little bit different because I’ve never done it with a girl before. I usually do it with a bloke. Every night. People seem to like it', Dec quipped.

TV - Insider - Sun - Pressure - Opening

A TV insider told The Sun: 'The pressure was on in the opening scene to both introduce Holly and explain Ant’s absence from the series for the time in 16 years, but also keep it light and funny for the family show.

'Dec was sure to keep Ant in the loop on that particular link as he didn’t want to seem at all insensitive, but the discussions with the production team about the exact wording were taken right to the wire.

Pressure - Note - Situation - Way - Suggestions

'Everyone felt the pressure was on to hit just the right note, without an uncomfortable situation coming across that way on-screen and several suggestions were scrapped along the way.'

MailOnline has contacted Ant and Dec's representatives for comment.

Claims - Ant - Message - Luck - Dec

The claims come after Ant tweeted a message of good luck to Dec and Holly ahead of the launch episode.

The presenter wrote on the micro-blogging site: 'All...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!