Liverpool mother, 25, considers STERILISATION as baby boy is born with NO fingers

Mail Online | 11/17/2018 | Charlotte Dean For Mailonline
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/17/13/6312012-0-image-a-91_1542463032401.jpg

A mother-of-two has slammed medics who failed to spot that her baby was missing some of his fingers during a scan just four days before her C-section.

Dominique O'Brien, 25, said that her 'whole world fell apart' when nurses gave her the news that her son Elliott had no fingers on one hand after his birth in February.

Sterilisation - Faith - Community - Baby - Condition

She is now considering sterilisation after losing faith in the medical community which failed to spot her baby's condition.

Dominique, from Netherton in Liverpool, decided to have growth scans throughout her second pregnancy after her first born Ethan was born extremely small.

Child - Condition - Symbrachydactyly - Children

However her child's condition - Symbrachydactyly, which affects 1 in 32,000 children - remained undetected in every scan she had done.

During one of the scans, the mother claims a nurse even said to her 'look at your baby waving at you'.

Petition - Fingers - Toes - Scans - Obligation

She has since launched a petition, after discovering that it's not routine to check for fingers and toes in scans and there's no legal obligation to.

Dominique, who gave birth at Liverpool Women's Hospital, said: 'I remember going for my 32 week scan with Elliott and the lady doing the scan saying 'look at your baby waving at you'.

'I - Days - C-section - Nothing - Birth

'I had a scan four days before my c-section and nothing was picked up on that. As I went in to give birth the nurse asked me if I wanted her to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!