DWTS' Juan Pablo Di Pace on Shocking Elimination: 'We Were Bringing Art to the Show' — Plus: Who Should Win?

TVLine | 11/17/2018 | Rebecca Iannucci
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/dwts-juan-pablo.jpg?w=620

TVLine spoke with the Fuller House actor after his surprising ouster, and he admitted the elimination was “heartbreaking,” despite being touched by the “outpouring of love and outrage and anger” from fans.

“People are so amazing, and the fans are so vocal, so I’m good. I’m really good,” Di Pace told us. “But I was still shocked and sad to lose. For me, it’s a talent and a love for dance competition. It’s heartbreaking when you work your **** off.”

Order - Week - Stars - Judges - Scores

In order to determine who goes home each week, Dancing With the Stars combines the judges’ scores (which can reach a maximum of 30 points) with votes from the home audience. But the current system weighs viewers’ votes more heavily, which means even a well-scored contestant like Di Pace can be sent packing if he doesn’t get enough support from the audience. In fact, Di Pace was sent home even after scoring perfect 30s for both of Monday’s performances.

“It’s like a chess game. Every moment, every interview, every dance, every comment from a judge could either hinder you or get you to the next week,” Di Pace said. “We knew we weren’t the ones with millions of fans. We were the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!