‘No More Bargaining’ — Merkel Warns Offer Is Final as Brussels Chiefs Hope Brexit Will Be Called Off

Breitbart | 11/15/2018 | Staff
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/11/GettyImages-1061115422-e1542377681395.jpg

There is “no question” of renegotiating the super-soft Brexit deal agreed with Theresa May, Angela Merkel has warned, as Eurocrats voiced hope that the divorce could be called off altogether.

Speaking after a cabinet meeting in Potsdam, the German Chancellor said: “We have a document on the table that Britain and the remaining 27 EU states have agreed. There is, as far as I am concerned, no question of further bargaining at present.”

Industry - Bodies - Event - Brexit - Merkel

With German industry bodies set to be hit particularly hard in the event of a no-deal Brexit, Merkel stated this would be the “worst and most chaotic scenario”, but signalled there would be no room for compromise with Britain.

TV Star "Why the Most Important Part of My Breakfast Isn't Actually the Food."

EU - Leader - Insistence - Concessions - Chancellor

The veteran EU leader’s insistence that there could be no concessions came after the chancellor was branded “stubborn” and “unhelpful” over her attitude to Brexit by Alternative for Germany (AfD) MP Petr Bystron.

As Breitbart London reported Thursday, the populist party’s foreign policy spokesman argued that Merkel’s “refus[al] to negotiate constructively with the British government”, with her stating there could be “no cherry-picking” played a large role in the problems currently plaguing talks.

Idea - People - EU - Superstate - Members

“You have to suspect the idea was to punish the British people for wanting to leave the EU superstate and thereby deter any other members from following the UK in their wish to regain their national sovereignty,” commented Bystron.

Although the 500-page agreement is so concessions-laden that its release on Wednesday night prompted a wave...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!