Zuckerberg Clings To Power While Sandberg Claims Ignorance After Damaging NYT Report 

Zero Hedge | 11/16/2018 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/styles/max_650x650/public/2018-11/zuck%20sand.jpg?itok=jQI7Zln5

Facebook executives Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg are battling backlash over an explosive investigation by the New York Times into Facebook's mercenary damage control tactics in the wake of several major scandals.

Despite fresh calls from investors for Zuckerberg to step down in his dual role as CEO and chairman and appoint an independent director to oversee the board, the 34-year-old tech titan brushed off the suggestion during a Thursday call with journalists.

Company - Facebook - Reach - Influence - Oversight

“A company with Facebook’s massive reach and influence requires robust oversight and that can only be achieved through an independent chair who is empowered to provide critical checks on company leadership,” said New York City comptroller, Scott Stringer.

Zuckerberg disagrees. "I don’t think that that specific proposal is the right way to go," said the Facebook CEO when asked if he would consider stepping down, adding that other initiatives had been launched to "get more independence into our systems."

Measures - Body - Company - Decisions - Content

The measures include creating an independent body to advise the company on decisions over whether controversial content should remain on the site.

Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, meanwhile, is claiming ignorance - telling CBS This Morning co-host Norah O'Donnell "we absolutely did not pay anyone to create fake news - that they have assured me was not happening."

Wednesday - Culmination - Interviews - Company - Executives

In their Wednesday exposé - the culmination of interviews with over 50 current and former company executives, lawmakers, government officials, lobbyists and congressional staff members, the New York Times reported that Facebook had hired GOP PR firm, Defenders, which smeared liberal detractors...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Zero Hedge
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!