Fitchburg State guard threw viral cheap elbow shot after refs failed to call a foul

Mail Online | 11/16/2018 | Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com;Dailymail.com Reporter
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/16/00/6251984-0-image-a-12_1542329439845.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/14/455737497239898612/1024x576_MP4_455737497239898612.mp4

The Fitchburg State basketball player who was filmed deliberately elbowing a Nichols College opponent, was said to have been angry at a referee for failing to call a foul.

Kewan Platt took to his Instagram on Wednesday night to apologize for his actions that left Nate Tenaglia on the ground the day before.

'I - Regret - Actions - Game - Nichols

'I hereby want to apologize and show my deep regret upon my actions that occurred during the game against Nichols College the other night,' Platt said.

'What I did is totally unacceptable and not justified in any way. I got frustrated and lost control over my behavior.

'I - Words - Wrongdoings - Future - Choices

'I know these words cannot undo my wrongdoings. In the future I promise to make better choices.'

'I'm not only apologizing to Nate Tenaglia but also to my teammates, the coaching staff, the University and the whole basketball community.'

Video - NBC - Sports - Moment - Platt

A video posted by NBC Sports showed the moment where Platt could be seen hoping for the foul call to be made after attempting a three point shot.

The incident took place in the final minutes of Tuesday's night's game between the Fitchburg Falcons and the Nichols Bisons in Masachussets.

Video - Platt - Nichols - Freshman - Nate

Video shows Platt running up to Nichols freshman Nate Tenaglia after the latter had just scored a three-pointer and knocking him to the floor with a blow to the head.

Platt, a 6-foot-4, 180-pound junior, cast a glance to make sure the referee on the sidelines was not looking at him before his forearm connected with Tenaglia's face, but he was busted by another official and ejected from the game.

Tengalia - Hit - Team - Fitchburg

The 5-foot-9, 160-pound Tengalia appeared unharmed after the hit and went on to help his team beat Fitchburg 84-75.

NBC Sports college basketball...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!