Hawaii Five-0's Thanksgiving Episode Has a Sibling Rivalry, Gladys Knight and Murder on the Menu

TVGuide.com | 11/15/2018 | Malcolm Venable
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2018/11/15/c8b4b574-9dc9-402c-84ff-f7a2720d532a/thumbnail/1300x867/bbfa2973148d78fb1f4010713f137566/181115-hawaii-50.jpg

Hawaii Five-0's Thanksgiving episode airs Friday and there's going to be a lot of drama on the table. The episode, titled "Lele pū nā manu like," (it translates to "Birds of a feather'") and follows what happens when Lou Grover (Chi McBride) has his family in town for a visit — family that includes his parents, played by veterans Louis Gossett Jr. and Gladys Knight, as well as his brother Percy Jr. played by Clifton Powell.

As holiday events can go for so many families, the Grovers' gathering isn't all good tidings and cheer: Lou and Percy have a contentious, testy relationship that almost brings the brothers to blows on what should be a unifying day. Amid all this, the Hawaii Five-0 team is struggling to piece together what looks like a robbery gone wrong but has more going on that meets the eye. The episode also marks the first McBride has written, and as he revealed in an interview with TV Guide, it's an experience he'll treasure forever.

Show

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

What was it like writing your first episode? How'd it come about and how did it go for you?

Chi - McBride - Experience - Career - Career

Chi McBride: I enjoyed the experience immensely. It's the first one but it's not going to be my last. It really has sparked and inspired me to continue to pursue this because this is actually the career that I want. I'm very grateful for my career as an actor, but I never had the kind of creative fulfillment I had since I started writing. Hopefully there will be more stories on Five-0 and beyond that. I owe that all to (executive producer) Peter Lenkov. He gave me the opportunity to put something on the air. He was so generous and encouraging of my writing efforts. I was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!